Our experienced doctors at the Chiropractic Way offers a number of chiropractic techniques in Sunnyvale, California, to help ensure that we can meet all of your individual needs. We may recommend one or more of the following techniques and treatments as part of your unique treatment plan:
- P-DTR Functional Neurology – Developed by orthopedic surgeon Dr. José Palomar, the P-DTR method posits that all functional dysfunctions in the body come from a dysfunction in the central nervous system (CNS), which may range from a single peripheral receptor to entire brain nuclei hyperactivity or hypoactivity. We are able to access a whole new set of diagnostic tools through manual muscle testing that allows us to find and treat the problem.
- The Gonstead Adjustment – This is a specific, precise treatment that addresses only the areas of subluxation (problem areas). We take great care to ensure a precise thrust and biomechanically correct position for the most painless, accurate adjustment possible. Learn More
- The Drop Table Adjustment – The Drop Table Adjustment method uses a specially made table with sections that can be raised about three-quarters of an inch and then “dropped” down with the weight of the patient. This takes advantage of the spine’s inherent joint design to move the spinal segment in the direction that will improve motion. This technique allows the patient to remain stationary during the adjustments and ensures they do not feel discomfort from the adjustment.
- Technica Gavilan – The Gavilan Treatment method utilizes instruments created by Technica Gavilan to improve the healing and restoration of soft tissue pathologies. We use these specialized instruments to spot soft tissue restrictions that alter the musculoskeletal system. By addressing these restrictions, we can increase range of motion, decrease pain and enhance athletic performance.
- Extremity Adjustments – In some cases, subluxations, fixations and joint impropriety may occur in the extremities, and these may sometimes cause chronic spinal problems. In most cases, we will check and adjust the spine before checking and adjusting an extremity; extremity adjustments should complement spinal adjustments. Common symptoms of extremity subluxation, fixations and joint impropriety include the following: weakness or fatigue in the extremities, pain in the extremities or extremity joints, stiffness or immobility in the extremity joints, chronic back problems, catches in the extremity joints, or chronic cervical problems. The aim of extremity adjustment is to analyze and evaluate the extremity, establish an extremity treatment plan, and coordinate this plan with the spinal treatment plan.
- Flexion-Distraction Technique – This technique is used to treat symptomatic disc injuries involving back pain, as well as secondary pain that is felt down the leg. In the flexion-distraction method, we use a specialized table that gently stretches the spine, allowing us to isolate the area of disc involvement while slightly flexing the spine with a pumping rhythm. With no pain to the patient, we can move the discs away from the impinged nerve, resulting in reduced nerve root inflammation and eventually reduced pain and inflammation in the leg. Dr. [doctor_name] may also recommend this technique to stretch the joints of the low back.
- The Activator Method – In this technique, we use a handheld instrument called an activator. This instrument delivers a very precise adjust for a therapeutic, comfortable impulse into a restricted motion segment.
- Nasal Release Technique –This technique is used to gently restore balance to the body’s systems, by unlocking the plates of the skull. Minimally invasive, fast and comfortable, our team can provide you with this treatment at our office by inserting and inflating a small balloon in the nasal passages, thus stretching the plates of the skull and releasing tension. Learn More
To learn more about the chiropractic techniques we utilize at our office and find out which is right for you, please contact our office at (408)-733-2223 today.